You are suffering from overweight! You cannot fix this problem!
There are plenty of diets and you don’t know which one to follow and which diet is better for you!
Don’t worry! We will offer you a brief review for the most popular diets!
Table of Contents
- What is a diet?
- What is a calorie?
- List of Top 10 most Popular Diets
What is a diet?
A clear definition is necessary for you to understand what you will be going to get through. A diet is a plan you follow. It can be a pattern of life. In its article, one of PHD students of the university of Minnesota refers to Diet as
The food and drink a person consumes daily and the mental and physical circumstances connected to eating .
There is two kinds of diets: low caloric and high caloric.
What is a calorie?
It is the smallest unit for measuring energy. An average person needs to consume 2000 calories per day (for woman) and about 2500 calories for man. The amount of food consumed is the main source for calories. In order to lose weight, you need to eat lower amount of calories than your body burns daily.
What’s High caloric diets ?
They are designed for people who are underweight. Those, who are looking to gain weight but in a healthy weight, need to opt for this diet, Athletes, who need muscles gain, as well are concerned.
High caloric foods are mainly high in proteins. You need to consume as much protein as you could per day. For muscles gain, you need to follow a special training.
What’s Low caloric diets ?
They are designed for people suffering from extra weight. You need eat less calories than your body requires to burn. This kind of diets may fail because starving your body will make you carve more for foods.
You must pay attention to this point. But if you manage to control and adapt your eating habits you can make it!
List of Top 10 most Popular Diets
In this article, I choose a list of top 10 most popular diets
- GM diet
- Detox diet
- The Atkins diet
- Fenoboci diet
- The fast metabolism body
- Low fat diet
- The Slimming world diet
- GI diet
- The Keto zone Diet
- The mucusless diet
1- The GM diet
If you are looking to up to 7 pounds in only 7 days, The Gm diet is the perfect choice for you. By following a specific food plan for7 days, you will see the dramatic drop in your weight.
Here is a brief guideline to The General motor Diet:
- Day 1 consists of consuming only fruits /all types are permitted except for bananas.
- Day2: eat as much vegetables whether cooked or raw as you want to. All kind of veggies are allowed except for potatoes.
- Day3: mix of fruits and vegetables
- Day 4: Banana, milk and soup (GM wonder soup )
- Day5:lean beef and tomatoes
- Day6:: unlimited quantity of vegetables +lean beef or brown rice
- Day7 :Brown rice+ fruit juice + vegetables
Recommendations: Bananas and potatoes are forbidden for the first 3 days so does for exercising.
You need to drink up to 10 glasses of water a day!
Pros of the GM diet
- good digestion
- Hydratation and shinning skin
- lose weight fast
Cons of the GM diet
- low in protein in the 3 first days: fatigue
- hunger pains—headache
- low in carbohydrates: low energy
- instead of losing, some people may regain more weight
For more information you can read more on: How to lose Weight very easy with GM Diet: Detailed 7 Days Plan for GM Diet Routine and GM Diet: The Complete 7 Day Diet Plan.
2- The Detox diet
Detox diet or what referred to as fruit -infused water. it consists of blending water with other ingredients like fruits and vegetables or even herbs.
Low in calorie, water is the perfect beverage for you. It is easy to make. You need just to chop the fruits or whatever ingredients you choose and mix it with cold water.
Pros of The Detox Diet
- Easy to make
- Less expensive
- Cleanse your body from toxins
- Good digestion
- Improves complexion
- Weight loss
Cons of Detox diet
- Insuffience of nutrition
- Muscle loss
- Allergic to some kind of herbs
- Long term weight loss
There are plenty of Detox diets. Here is a suggestion: The Apple cinnamon Water Detox
For further information you can read the following review: Apple Cinnamon Detox Water Review For Weight Loss and Fat Burning and consider buying this book The Blood Sugar Solution 10-Day Detox Diet.
3- The Atkins Diet
As a response to low –fat diet craze, The Atkins diet appeared in the late 1970s. It consists of eating high protein foods and high-fat foods. All you need to do is to control your crab intake in order to burn fat .it is a low- crab diet.( read more on Dr Atkins New Diet Revolution)
It consists of 4 phases.
- Phase 1 ( induction phase):20 grams of carbs for 2 weeks
- Phase 2 ( the balancing phase): nuts, low crab vegetables with small quantity of fruits
- Phase3( turning-tuning phase):you can add more carbs
- Phase4 (maintenance phase) :healthy carbs are allowed as much as you need .
Pros of Atkins diet
- Significant weight loss
- Cutting of alcohols and processed carbs
- Popular diet for men
Cons of Atkins diet
- Can cause constipation
- Forbidden for pregnant women
- Unbalanced nutrition’s : lack of vitamins and minerals
For better coverings for the Atkins diet, see the explanatory follow video:
4- The Fenoboci Diet :
It is a three period diet. You must include exercising along with following a three weeks food plan.
The three periods are:
- Phase 1:The restoration period TRP: ( 6AM_9AM)
- Fenoboci Phase 2:The Energetic Period TEP (9am-5pm)
- Phase 3:The building period(5PM-9PM)
Pros of Fenoboci diet
Regulate the insulin to store body fat
- Muscle gain
- Boast your fat loss with more cardio exercises
- Minimize stress
Cons of Fenoboci diet
- Long term weight loss
- Unknown side effects
For simpler overview of the Fenoboci diet you can see the next short video
5- The Fast Metabolism Diet
Eat more to lose more! This is the main principle of the fast metabolism Diet .It is a worked plan for celebrities, athletes and people with chronic diseases, this plan consists of 4 weeks program divided into three phases.
You don’t need to count your calories instead you have to set your metabolism in fire.
- Phase 1( Monday- Tuesday) : carbs+fruits
- Phase2( Wednesday-Thursday):protein+vegetales
- Phase3(the rest of the week): you can include fats and oils with the above ingredients
For better understanding of the fast metabolism diet, it is advisable to read the very interesting books entitled “The Fast Metabolism Diet“, “The Fast Metabolism Diet Cookbook” and “Unleash Your Body’s Natural Fat-Burning Power and Lose 20lbs in 4 Weeks by Pomroy”
Pros of The fast metabolism Diet
- Lose up to 20 pounds in only 28 days
Cons of the fast metabolism diet
- Restrictive in calories
- Contradictory in principle of dieting
6- Low Fat Diet
It consists of reducing the amount of fat individuals eats. Foods like butte,, oil … are rich with undesired fat. So, they are not permitted in small portions only.
You must bear In mind that fats are needed for your body metabolism.
Pros of low fat diet
- Weight loss by lowering the amount of calories consumed
- Eating more healthy like fruits and vegetables which are high in fiber and low in fat
- Prevent heart diseases and cholesterol level
- Lower blood pressure
Cons of low fat diet
- A low fat food is not necessary low in calories. Make sure to read the instructions first.
- Fats are needed for a better metabolism and a right absorption of vitamins and minerals.
Looking for further information about the famous Low Fat Diet, check these interesting books
- Low Fat: 28-Day Low Fat Diet Plan for Fast Weight Loss and a Healthy Lifestyle
- Low Fat Recipes: Lose Weight While Enjoying Delicious Meals And Reaping The Benefits Of Low Fat Cooking
7- The Slimming World Diet
It originates two plans. There are the” Green days” and the” Original Days”. In the Original days consists of choosing a range of foods which are low in calories such as vegetables, fruits, lean meats, fish and eggs.
Whereas in the Green day you can pick up freely the list of foods you desired . You can eat as much as you want amount of foods like Pasta, rice, vegetables and fruits.
A modernization of the concept of this diet dwells upon the support groups every dieters has to attend.
Pros of slimming world diet
- Encouragement of others: reinforces the sense of community
- No calories counting
- All food are allowed
- Share the same meal with your family
- Exercise is crucial
Cons of slimming world diet
- You can make the wrong choice
- Confusing diet instructions
8- The GI diet
The GI diet or what so called the Glycemic Index is the unit of measuring the impact of food or your blood sugar. This kind of diet revolves around controlling your carving for food. Consuming foods with low GI will ensure you a slow raise in your blood sugar.
Hence, you won’t be feeling hunger for a longer period. Your carving for food will be dropping. You won’t feel the need for a snack anymore. A fewer calories means a better fat burning.
Pros of The GI diet
- Lower the risk of diabetes
- Provide your body with the necessary aliments which are rich in fiber
- Increase of the hormone insulin which is responsible for regulating sugar in the blood and reinsures’ a better nutrition of the cells
Cons of the GI diet
- Not every food with low GI is free from fat such as chocolate. You must consume it in a moderate way.
- In some case, you may not provide your body with the necessary amount of vitamins
- You need to consider the GI for every ingredient you consume . this may be tiring over time
- Each one respond to this diet in a different way.
9- The Keto Zone Diet
First invented by Doctor Colbert, the Keto zone diet, or what so referred as the ketogenetic diet, is based on low crab, high fat and mannered protein food. The main aim of this diet, as it has Doctor Colbert mentioned in his book The Keto Zone Diet is “to shift your metabolism from burning sugar as the main fuel to burning fat”.
Pros of Keto diet
- Gain your mental clarity
- Lose weight
- Reverse diseases
- Normalize blood sugar
- Burn belly fat
- Treatment for advanced cancer
Cons of Keto diet
- Not suitable for diabetes
- Not suitable for breastfeeding
For more detailed information, I recommend you to see the next video
And I highly recommend a reading in depth of Doctor Colbert‘s Bestseller book The Keto Zone Diet.
10- The mucusless diet
It is introduced by Prof Arnold ehert, the mucusless diet is a cleansing diet. It is a diet free of mucus. This diet consists of cutting of the foods which are acid- forming such as bread, pasta…AN over consumption of acid – forming foods may lead to an increase of mucus production.
You should as Prof Arnold claims opt for other options. In order to defend this mechanism must be replaced by an opposite one. You can opt for food with Alkaline- forming such as garlic, herbs and lemon to clear up your body from mucus.
It involves fasting as a good mechanism to make a room for your organs to act in a better way.
Pros of The Mucusless diet
- Good digestion
- Purify your body from toxins
- Healthy diet : lose weight
Cons of The mucusless Diet
- Lean muscles due to the low protein foods consumption
- Heart aliments
- Weakness in the immune system
For better understanding for the Mucusless Diet , you are invited to read Prof Arnold Ehert ‘s book entitled” Mucusless Diet healing system
All in all , whether it is a sugar free, low crab , high in protein or mucus free, each diet has its cons and pros. It is advisable for each dieters to consult his/ her doctor to help him/ her choose which one fits better his health conditions.