Are you constantly using your compression socks for calf support? Do you suffer from plantar facilities, shin splints, or varicose veins?
Do you want to reduce the risks of DVT, boost your energy levels, and eliminate inflammation throughout your leg muscles?
You should try Compression Socks.
In this article, we will explain how Compression Socks work, the main benefits of Compressions Socks and our Selection for 10 Compresson Socks.
How Compression Socks Work ?
Compression socks promote the venous blood flow from the feet back toward the heart overcoming the effects of gravity.
Graduated compression is designed to be stronger in the feet and gradually diminish in pressure as they extend up the calf into the thigh.
It prevent venous blood pooling in the legs and feet, improve leg symptoms, and decrease the risk of blood clots.
Compression socks exert a gentle pressure one the legs, reducing the diameter of distended veins, and causing an increase in blood flow throughout the body.
Unlike traditional dress or athletic socks, compression socks use stronger elastics to create pressure on the legs, ankles and feet.
By compressing the surface veins, arteries and muscles, the circulating blood is forced through narrower circulatory channels. As a result, the arterial pressure is increased, which causes more blood to return to the heart and less blood to pool in the feet. The result is relief to tired, heavy legs.
Benefits of Compression Socks
The main benefits of Compression Socks are:
- Enhanced blood circulation as a result of improved venous return
- Deoxygenated blood goes back to the heart faster, which in turn helps improve blood flow of oxygen-rich blood back to the body
- Faster recovery following strenuous exercise and improved performance, by aiding in the removal of blood lactate
- Reduced blood lactate concentration during maximal exercise bouts, allowing for an increased lactic threshold for improved performance
- Enhanced warm-up via increases in skin temperature
- Reduced muscle oscillation and vibration upon ground contact, providing stability to the muscle to help prevent micro-trauma, making for a faster and easier recovery
- Reduced effects of delayed onset muscle soreness in the days following strenuous exercise through alleviating swelling and inflammation
- Increased muscle support, which increases performance through improved muscle efficiency
- Improved leg power and vertical jump through enhanced proprioception
Let’s focus on key benefits of Compression Socks :
1# Recovery More Circulation
Quicker recovery since your feet are the furthest away from your heart recovery can be slower than other parts of your body.
2# Improved Circulation and Faster Muscle Recovery
The compression in each pair of leg sleeves helps to improve venous return, increasing blood flow and circulation.
This leads to faster muscle recovery time allowing you to get back to your favorite sport sooner. Use the leg sleeves to help you reach new personal bests.
3# Moisture Wicking and Anti-Odor
The compression leg sleeves are moisture wicking, ensuring they stay dry and lightweight even during the toughest runs and workouts. Anti-odor technology prevents the build up of stink.
4# Calf Support and Injury Prevention
Using the leg sleeves while running can reduce calf cramps, lessen fatigue, provide muscle stabilization, reduce micro tears, and prevent injuries.
Who Needs Compression Socks? Not Just Athletes – Everyone!
Feet and ankle compression socks help improve circulation from your feet to your heart. Suitable for the anyone – from hiker, biker, rock climber, fisher, runner, walker, even for around the house – who wants superior moisture management, comfort and support.
Try the unique toe-to-heel, terry looped padding system that acts as a shock absorber. It is constructed using engineered expansion joints that provide comfort and protection without bulk, wrinkling or sheering.
Conclusion of Compression Socks’s Studies
Studies have shown that those that have gained most by wearing compression are those transitioning from an inactive to active lifestyle.
Older populations have experienced great benefits from use of compression socks and sleeves.
Amateur athletes may see physiological improvements through using compression.