What’s Creatine Supplement ?
Creatine is an amino acid (amino acids are the building blocks of protein) which is made in the body by the liver and kidneys,
and is derived from the diet through meat and animal products.
Creatine (creatine monohydrate) is a colorless, crystalline substance used in muscle tissue for the production of phosphocreatine, an important factor in the formation of adenosine triphosphate (ATP), the source of energy for muscle contraction and many other functions in the body.
What does Creatine Supplement Normally Do in the Body?
In the body, creatine is changed into a molecule called “phosphocreatine” which serves as a storage reservoir for quick energy.
Phosphocreatine is especially important in tissues such as the voluntary muscles and the nervous system which periodically require large amounts of energy.
Why do Athletes Take Creatine Supplement?
Studies have shown that creatine can increase the performance of athletes in activities that require quick bursts of energy, such as sprinting, and can help athletes to recover faster after expanding bursts of energy.
Creatine is best for the serious bodybuilder. It helps increase muscle mass, rather than muscle endurance, so it’s not well suited for athletes participating in endurance activities. However, the increase in muscle mass may be due to water retention and not an increase in muscle tissue.
Why have I been hearing so much about creatine and neuromuscular disorders?
Two scientific studies have indicated that creatine may be beneficial for neuromuscular disorders.
First, a study by MDA-funded researcher M. Flint Beal of Cornell University Medical Center demonstrated that creatine was twice as effective as the prescription drug riluzole in extending the lives of mice with the degenerative neural disease amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS, or Lou Gehrig’s disease).
Second, a study by Canadian researchers Mark Tarnopolsky and Joan Martin of McMaster University Medical Center in Ontario found that creatine can cause modest increases in strength in people with a variety of neuromuscular disorders.
Beal’s work was published in the March 1999 issue of Nature Neuroscience and the second paper was published in the March 1999 issue of Neurology.
Is it Safe to take Creatine Supplement ?
For the most part, athletes haven’t experienced adverse side-effects from taking creatine, although recently there have been a few reports of kidney damage linked to creatine usage. No consistent toxicity has been reported in studies of creatine supplementation.
An other side effect of taking Creatine Supplement is Dehydration. So Consider drinking a lot of water while taking creatine.
Athletes generally take a “loading dose” of 20 grams of creatine a day for five or six days. They continue with a “maintenance dose” of 2 to 5 grams of creatine a day thereafter.
What are the Supplement with Creatine side effects?
Little is known about long-term side effects of creatine, but no consistent toxicity has been reported in studies of creatine supplementation.
In a study of side effects of creatine, diarrhea was the most commonly reported adverse effect of creatine supplementation, followed by muscle cramping.
18 Some reports showed that kidney, liver, and blood functions were not affected by short-term higher amounts or long-term lower amounts of creatine supplementation in healthy young adults.
In a small study of people taking 5–30 grams per day, no change in kidney function appeared after up to five years of supplementation.
Muscle cramping after creatine supplementation has been anecdotally reported in some studies.
The Main Benefits of Creatine Supplement
• increases athletic performance
• increases muscle mass
• beneficial for muscular disorders
Top 5 Creatine Supplement
Products from Amazon.com
OPTIMUM NUTRITION Creatine 2500mg
- 2.5G CREAPURE CREATINE MONOHYDRATE PER SERVING
- SUPPORTS MUSCLE SIZE, STRENGTH, AND POWER when combined with high-intensity activities.*
- CONVENIENT CAPSULES - 2-cap serving size makes taking creatine quick and easy without the need to mix a powder into a liquid
- EASY TO SWALLOW CAPSULES
- AVAILABLE IN 100, 200, 300 CAPSULE BOTTLES
OPTIMUM NUTRITION Creatine 2500mg, 100 Capsules
Creatine Monohydrate Powder Micronized
- SKYROCKET SIZE & STRENGTH: Are you looking for an effective, pure creatine supplement that will support your muscular endurance and help you push out more reps at the gym? Perfect for pre/post- bodybuilding workout or strength training, this advanced creatine powder formula will fuel your muscles during high-intensity exercise and help you reach your fitness goals faster than ever before!
- INCREASE SPEED FOR EXPLOSIVE WORKOUTS: Micronized creatine monohydrate is essential in the process of sending energy directly to muscles and has been shown to help increase overall muscle mass and boost strength and speed, making it extremely helpful for explosive sports like boxing, bodybuilding or powerlifting.
- BEST VALUE FOR MONEY: If you're looking for the best micronized creatine monohydrate powder supplement that combines a high performance formula with a jaw-dropping price, then look no further. Unlike most other creatine powder supplements on the market, this micronized creatine monohydrate formula offers massive muscle gains without breaking the bank.
- LAB-TESTED QUALITY: Stop wasting tons of money on unreliable, ineffective products that just don't work. Trust in this lab-tested, verified and 99.99% purity guaranteed micronized creatine monohydrate powder that delivers on its promises.
- VEGAN FRIENDLY: Are you on a vegan diet? BulkSupplements pure micronized creatine monohydrate bodybuilding/crossfit supplement contains no dairy or dangerous/unecessary additives and is sugar, soy, yeast and gluten-free, so you can use it with peace of mind.
Creatine Monohydrate Powder Micronized by BulkSupplements (1 kilogram) | 99.99% Pure High Performance Formula | Pre/Post Workout Bodybuilding/Crossfit Supplement
MuscleTech Platinum Creatine Monohydrate Powder
$9.99 in stock
- MUSCLETECH PLATINUM 100% CREATINE - Each serving delivers 5 grams of premium HPLC-Tested micronized creatine monohydrate. No fillers, no added sugars - just best-quality, pure creatine powder
- SCIENTIFICALLY SUPERIOR - Best in category MuscleTech Platinum 100% Creatine features creatine monohydrate, the most researched form of creatine powder in sports nutrition
- CLINICALLY STUDIED RESULTS - Heavy-lifting trainers built 6 pounds of lean muscle in 6 weeks in a gold-standard, scientific study
- BUILD STRENGTH - In a separate study, test subjects increased their bench press strength by an amazing 18.6% in just 10 days
- OVERALL BENEFITS - 100% Micronized creatine monohydrate powder helps increase strength, build lean muscle & improve recovery
MuscleTech Platinum Creatine Monohydrate Powder, 100% Pure Micronized Creatine Powder, 14.1oz (80 Servings)
Beast Sports Nutrition - Creature Creatine Complex
$24.68 in stock
- FUELS MUSCLE GROWTH: The professional-strength creatine complex that makes up Beast Creature provides the fuel your muscles need to stimulate growth.
- 4 GRAMS OF 5 CUTTING-EDGE CREATINES: Creature relies on five of the most advanced forms of creatine available which dramatically increase muscle volume and strength and also accelerates recovery time.*
- STIMULATES LEAN MUSCLE: A carefully balanced blend of high-quality creatine allows you to work harder and stimulates lean muscle mass.
- INCREASE RECOVERY TIME: Working together, the ingredients in Beast Creature act as a support system to reduce muscle breakdown and assist muscle recovery.*
- RAPID AND COMPLETE ABSORPTION: Creature contains a powerful blend of key ingredients known as insulinogenic co-factors to increase absorption for maximum creatine uptake so you know you are getting maximum saturation into your muscles.
Beast Sports Nutrition - Creature Creatine Complex - Fuel Muscle Growth - Optimize Muscle Strength - Enhance Endurance - Increase Recovery Time - Five Forms of Creatine - Citrus 60 Servings
JYM Pre-Workout with BCAA's
$48.94 in stock
- MORE ENERGY DURING WORKOUTS: The branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs) found in Pre JYM will provide a direct source of energy during your workout, in addition to providing other critical performance-enhancing benefits. Pre JYM also tastes great - sweet and delicious in all flavors, including one with natural colors, flavors, and sweeteners
- ENHANCED STRENGTH AND ENDURANCE: Ingredients like creatine HCl and beta-alanine and betaine help fuel your muscles for more strength during workouts and better stamina to power through and finish strong
- BETTER FOCUS: Ingredients like caffeine and huperzine A have been -suggested to enhance mental focus. You'll feel "in the zone" while taking Pre JYM and ready to crush your workout
- NO CRASH: Pre JYM is not loaded with obscure stimulants that create jitters and a subsequent crash of energy levels. Pre JYM contains only one stimulant - caffeine - to provide "clean energy" that will help you last through even the longest, most grueling training session
- FULL TRANSPARENCY: With the proprietary blends found in other pre-workout products, you never know exactly what amounts you're putting into your body. Pre JYM contains NO PROPRIETARY BLENDS - what it says on the label is what's in the scoop
JYM Supplement Science, PRE JYM, Pre-Workout with BCAA's, Creatine HCI, Citrulline Malate, Beta-alanine, Betaine, Alpha-GPC, Beet Root Extract and more, Refreshing Melon, 30 Servings