Different Exercises Bikes Types
There are so many exercise bikes available that it’s easy to be overwhelmed. Spinning bikes, stationary bikes, dual action bikes, and recumbent bikes are probably some of the terms you’ve heard. It’s almost as though you have to be a fitness equipment engineer to understand the differences! Here’s a quick summary of these confusing terms.
You’ve probably heard about the spin craze that has become so popular in health clubs. Spinning bikes usually have at least a front wheel that spins (which is why they are so brilliantly named spinning bikes).
These bikes might be the current fad, but they aren’t very comfortable. The seats are small and hard. The classes make these boring bikes more interesting, but as home exercise bikes, they quickly become tedious.
Products from Amazon.com
- Price: $239.00Was: $299.00
- Price: $231.00Was: $249.00
Stationary bikes (or upright bikes) are the exercise bikes that most people can identify. It’s the same basic model as in the 1980’s.
Once again, it’s fairly uncomfortable. You can’t really do anything like read or watch TV because you’re leaning left and right and bouncing, so it, too, quickly gets boring.
Products from Amazon.com
- Price: $149.00Was: $199.99
- Price: $104.99
- Price: $449.00
- Price: $449.00Was: $699.00
Dual Action Bikes
Dual action bikes are aptly named, as they give you both an upper and lower body workout. There are handles that move independently – much like an elliptical machine. It’s a good workout, but a bit tough for beginners, and as usual, the time on the bike will eventually get boring.
You can also get dual action bikes that allow you to adjust the machine to create an arm-pedaling workout. It’s usually fairly difficult to make the adjustments.
It’s also two separate exercises, which create a longer workout. Most people aren’t as likely to keep up such a routine.
Products from Amazon.com
- Price: Check on Amazon
Recumbent Exercise Bikes
Recumbent bikes are the exercise bikes with the comfortable bucket seats. You sit back and lower to the ground as you pedal.
These exercise bikes are easy enough for even the most sedentary beginners, and they usually offer workout programs to keep the workouts from becoming mundane.
Top 5 Recumbent Exercise Bikes Review
|1||Marcy Recumbent Exercise Bike with Resistance ME-709||Check more details||Check Price|
|2||Exerpeutic 900XL Extended Capacity Recumbent Bike||Check more details||Check Price|
|3||Exerpeutic 400XL Folding Recumbent Bike||Check more details||Check Price|
|4||Exerpeutic 2000 High Capacity Programmable Magnetic Recumbent Bike with Air Soft Seat and Heart Pulse Sensors||Check more details||Check Price|
|5||Exerpeutic 4000 Magnetic Recumbent Bike with 12 Workout Programs||Check more details||Check Price|
Marcy Recumbent Exercise Bike with Resistance ME-709
$139.99 in stock
7 used from $ 123.66
- STEP-THROUGH DESIGN - Featuring heavy-duty construction 14-gauge steel tubing with a powder coated finish, the step-through design allows maximum mobility during training for quick mounting and dismounting that is created easier for the knees and back.
- EIGHT RESISTANCE LEVELS - This stationary bike uses a magnetic resistance mechanism with 8 levels of resistance. The tension knobs control the difficulty to simulate riding on different terrains and customize your workout according to fitness level! EASY-TO-
- READ COMPUTER SCREEN - The ultra-functional LCD computer screen acts as an odometer and has a sharp panel display that shows time, speed, distance, and calories burned in extra-large numbers for great readability.
- COMFORTABLE PADDED SEAT - The equipment has an ergonomically designed saddle furnished with comfortable high-density foam. It features contoured foam-covered handles for extra support of the back and arms to help maintain proper form when exercising.
- COUNTERBALANCED PEDALS - Weighted pedals designed to provide maximal foot support while offering ultimate control. This bike is equipped with adjustable foot straps to create the perfect fit for your feet.
Exerpeutic 1111 900XL Extended Capacity Recumbent Bike with Pulse
$164.93 in stock
3 used from $ 139.89
- Recumbent stationary bike offers challenging cardiovascular workout while minimizing stress on your joints and back. Adjustable height
- Eight-level Magnetic Tension Control System allows you to customize your ride and challenge yourself over time
- Large, easy-to-read LCD display indicates distance, calories burned, time, speed, and heart rate information
- Measures 22 by 34 by 54 inches (W x H x D) with 63-pound weight and 300-pound maximum user weight
- Includes limited one-year manufacturer's warranty
Exerpeutic 400XL Folding Recumbent Bike
$149.00 in stock
5 used from $ 96.47
- Foldable recumbent exercise bike with quiet V-belt double-drive transmission system
- Precision-balanced flywheel; 8-level adjustable magnetic tension control system
- Easy-to-read LCD display tracks your distance, calories, time, speed, and heart rate
- Semi-recumbent design for easy entry and exit; large seat cushion and backrest
- Supports up to 300 pounds; Product setup dimensions: 33"L x 19"W x 46"H
Exerpeutic 2000 High Capacity Programmable Magnetic Recumbent Bike with Air Soft Seat and Heart Pulse Sensors
2 used from $ 268.27
- "Air Soft "seat is 3 1/2" thick and is constructed of individual air chambers that are shock absorbing and disperse the user's weight
- An 8 level Magnetic Tension control system, allows the user to adjust the tension level for an easier or more difficult workout
- 6 Preset workout programs with time, distance, RPM, Watts, Calories Burned and Heart Rate readouts
- Hand Pulse Monitor to stay within your Target Heart Rate Zone
- Extended user weight capacity up to 300lbs/DIMENSIONS: 54"L x 22"W x 34"H/PRODUCT WEIGHT: 63lbs
Exerpeutic 4000 Magnetic Recumbent Bike with 12 Workout Programs
$399.00 in stock
- Item may ship in more than one box and may arrive separately
- The Air Soft seat is large and oversized and utilizes aerodynamic health care technology, allowing air to breathe through the fabric
- The molded mesh and contoured designed backrest together with the elbow rest pads will help reduce any back stress and provide real comfort when working out
- A 12 Workout Programmable Computer with time, distance, RPM, Watts, Heart Rate Control and 4 individual settings
- The 24 level Magnetic Tension system is adjusted by the user via the computer console