Different Exercises Bikes Types
There are so many exercise bikes available that it’s easy to be overwhelmed. Spinning bikes, stationary bikes, dual action bikes, and recumbent bikes are probably some of the terms you’ve heard. It’s almost as though you have to be a fitness equipment engineer to understand the differences! Here’s a quick summary of these confusing terms.
You’ve probably heard about the spin craze that has become so popular in health clubs. Spinning bikes usually have at least a front wheel that spins (which is why they are so brilliantly named spinning bikes).
These bikes might be the current fad, but they aren’t very comfortable. The seats are small and hard. The classes make these boring bikes more interesting, but as home exercise bikes, they quickly become tedious.
Products from Amazon.com
- Price: $254.07Was: $299.00
- Price: Out of stock
- Price: $246.95Was: $259.99
Stationary bikes (or upright bikes) are the exercise bikes that most people can identify. It’s the same basic model as in the 1980’s.
Once again, it’s fairly uncomfortable. You can’t really do anything like read or watch TV because you’re leaning left and right and bouncing, so it, too, quickly gets boring.
Products from Amazon.com
- Price: $149.00Was: $199.99
- Price: $149.00
- Marcy Foldable Exercise Bike with Adjustable Resistance for Cardio Workout and Strength Training NS-652Price: $129.99Was: $199.99
- Price: $399.00Was: $449.00
- Price: $449.00Was: $699.00
Dual Action Bikes
Dual action bikes are aptly named, as they give you both an upper and lower body workout. There are handles that move independently – much like an elliptical machine. It’s a good workout, but a bit tough for beginners, and as usual, the time on the bike will eventually get boring.
You can also get dual action bikes that allow you to adjust the machine to create an arm-pedaling workout. It’s usually fairly difficult to make the adjustments.
It’s also two separate exercises, which create a longer workout. Most people aren’t as likely to keep up such a routine.
Products from Amazon.com
- Price: $309.18
- Price: $125.63Was: $129.99
Recumbent Exercise Bikes
Recumbent bikes are the exercise bikes with the comfortable bucket seats. You sit back and lower to the ground as you pedal.
Top 5 Recumbent Exercise Bikes Review
|1||Marcy Recumbent Exercise Bike with Resistance ME-709||Check more details||Check Price|
|2||Exerpeutic 900XL Extended Capacity Recumbent Bike||Check more details||Check Price|
|3||Exerpeutic 400XL Folding Recumbent Bike||Check more details||Check Price|
|4||Exerpeutic 2000 High Capacity Programmable Magnetic Recumbent Bike with Air Soft Seat and Heart Pulse Sensors||Check more details||Check Price|
|5||Exerpeutic 4000 Magnetic Recumbent Bike with 12 Workout Programs||Check more details||Check Price|
- STEP-THROUGH DESIGN - Featuring heavy-duty construction 14-gauge steel tubing with a powder coated finish, the step-through design allows maximum mobility during training for quick mounting and dismounting that is created easier for the knees and back.
- EIGHT RESISTANCE LEVELS - This stationary bike uses a magnetic resistance mechanism with 8 levels of resistance. The tension knobs control the difficulty to simulate riding on different terrains and customize your workout according to fitness level! EASY-TO-
- READ COMPUTER SCREEN - The ultra-functional LCD computer screen acts as an odometer and has a sharp panel display that shows time, speed, distance, and calories burned in extra-large numbers for great readability.
- COMFORTABLE PADDED SEAT - The equipment has an ergonomically designed saddle furnished with comfortable high-density foam. It features contoured foam-covered handles for extra support of the back and arms to help maintain proper form when exercising.
- COUNTERBALANCED PEDALS - Weighted pedals designed to provide maximal foot support while offering ultimate control. This bike is equipped with adjustable foot straps to create the perfect fit for your feet.
Whether you want to boost your cardiovascular endurance or shed pounds, the Marcy Recumbent Exercise Bike is the perfect workout equipment to add to your home gym! Save on gym memberships and make your abode into your new favorite workout place with this exercise bike. Shed weight and gain muscles by engaging in a full-body workout in your own home!
Made of premium 14-gauge steel tubing, PVC, and rubber, the workout bike has a high-quality structure that combines design and performance with a powder coated finish. Sturdy enough to resist scratches, chips, and damages from the environment, ensuring that it will withstand heavy daily use. The specially designed seat with contoured handles facilitates proper body form allowing your body to conform precisely to the equipment, helping your workout take maximum effect on your target areas. The step through design is created so that it is easier on the knees and back.
This stationary bike also uses a magnetic resistance system featuring eight preset levels of resistance, ideally for gym buffs and fitness starters alike. The resistance is adjusted with a tension knob to customize your cardio training according to your fitness level. The exercise bike’s sharp panel display acts as an odometer and tracks time, speed, distance traveled, and calories burned in extra-large numbers for easier reading.
ME-709 recumbent exercise bike is equipped with wheels allowing maximum mobility so you can easily move it anywhere in the gym or home to store conveniently wherever you want. The assembled product dimensions are 55.5 x 25 x 37.5 inches.
Invest in this premium piece of gym equipment now and have an intense fat-burning cardio workout session right in the comfort of your home![tabby title="Best of Customer's Reviews"] [tabbyending]
- Recumbent stationary bike offers challenging cardiovascular workout while minimizing stress on your joints and back. Adjustable height
- Eight-level Magnetic Tension Control System allows you to customize your ride and challenge yourself over time
- Large, easy-to-read LCD display indicates distance, calories burned, time, speed, and heart rate information
- Measures 22 by 34 by 54 inches (W x H x D) with 63-pound weight and 300-pound maximum user weight
- Includes limited one-year manufacturer's warranty
- Recumbent Design: The step-through style bike ensures easy on-and-off, as well as a comfortable workout that won't unnecessarily stress your back and knees
- Leg Stabilizers: Extended leg stabilizers provide a rock-solid platform during even the most strenuous of workouts
- Transportation Wheels: Easily move the unit from one location to another
- Tension Resistance: Eight-level Magnetic Tension Control System allows you to customize your ride and challenge yourself over time
- Onboard Computer: Large, easy-to-read LCD display indicates distance, calories burned, time, speed, and heart rate information
- Heart Rate Sensors: Built-in hand pulse monitor helps you maintain your desired target heart rate
- Crank System: "Smooth torque" cranking system with precision-balanced flywheel and V-belt drive provides smooth, consistent, quiet pedaling
- Adjustable Seat: Fits users from five feet, six inches to six feet, three inches tall
- Safety: Larger pedals with safety straps prevent foot slippage
- Comfort: A padded, oversized seat cushion and back rest ensure as comfortable a workout as possible
- Measures 22 by 34 by 54 inches (W x H x D)
- 63-pound weight
The Exerpeutic 900XL includes a limited three-year manufacturer's warranty against defects in materials and workmanship. [tabby title="Best of Customer's Reviews"] [tabbyending]
- Foldable recumbent exercise bike with quiet V-belt double-drive transmission system
- Precision-balanced flywheel; 8-level adjustable magnetic tension control system
- Easy-to-read LCD display tracks your distance, calories, time, speed, and heart rate
- Semi-recumbent design for easy entry and exit; large seat cushion and backrest
- Supports up to 300 pounds; Product setup dimensions: 33"L x 19"W x 46"H
Despite the space-saving design, the 400XL is plenty powerful, with a precision-balanced flywheel and a quiet V-belt double-drive transmission system. The bike also includes an eight-level magnetic tension control system so you can find the right resistance for your training goals. It's easy to monitor your workout progress via the easy-to-read LCD display, which tracks your distance, calories burned, time, speed, scan, and heart rate. Best of all for frequent exercisers, the 400XL's semi-recumbent design is inviting and comfortable, making it ideal for people who dislike upright-style bikes or who are recovering from injury. Add in a large seat cushion and backrest and you have a great bike for riders of any size and body type.
Other details include extendable leg stabilizers; a hand pulse sensor for reading your heart rate; a three-piece, high-torque crank system that provides a smooth, consistent pedaling motion; large pedals with safety straps; and transport wheels for mobility.
- Capacity: 300 pounds
- User height: 5 feet 2 inches to 6 feet 2 inches
- Dimensions: 19 by 46 by 33 inches (W x H x D)
- Weight: 39 pounds
- Warranty: 1 year limited
Exerpeutic 2000 High Capacity Programmable Magnetic Recumbent Bike with Air Soft Seat and Heart Pulse Sensors
- "Air Soft "seat is 3 1/2" thick and is constructed of individual air chambers that are shock absorbing and disperse the user's weight
- An 8 level Magnetic Tension control system, allows the user to adjust the tension level for an easier or more difficult workout
- 6 Preset workout programs with time, distance, RPM, Watts, Calories Burned and Heart Rate readouts
- Hand Pulse Monitor to stay within your Target Heart Rate Zone
- Extended user weight capacity up to 300lbs/DIMENSIONS: 54"L x 22"W x 34"H/PRODUCT WEIGHT: 63lbs
- Item may ship in more than one box and may arrive separately
- The Air Soft seat is large and oversized and utilizes aerodynamic health care technology, allowing air to breathe through the fabric
- The molded mesh and contoured designed backrest together with the elbow rest pads will help reduce any back stress and provide real comfort when working out
- A 12 Workout Programmable Computer with time, distance, RPM, Watts, Heart Rate Control and 4 individual settings
- The 24 level Magnetic Tension system is adjusted by the user via the computer console
- Extended Weight Capacity up to 325lbs.Kindly refer the user manual attached below for troubleshooting steps and instructions.