The Top 5 Pilates Exercises for Beginners
Although simple – If you breath correctly, you will find it easy to relax and provide adequete oxygene to your muscles. You will notice the difference when you breathe correctly as it will enhance your overall experience.
Breathing is a major part of all pilates exercises. You simply breathe in through your nose for a count of five, and out through your mouth for a count of 5, with a shushing sound. Make the breaths into short, rhythmic bursts.
Never rush your breathing and don’t go overboard to the point that you feel light headed and fall over.
2# Toe Lifts:
This will help you with core balance. Core balance works in harmony with the alignment of your feet supporting your whole body. You will be amazed at how much strength your toes possess to balance your body.
This movement strengthens the muscles on the top of your feet and increases the blood flow into your toes. Poor circulation to your feet can lead to stiff muscles and problems that affect the rest of your body.
This is a very simple exercise designed to improve circulation and enhance your awareness of balance.
Start standing with your feet together inlign with your body. Hold your head straight and keep your arms rested at your sides. Start simply by raising your right foot toes slowly up as far as they will go and then back down again. Do this a couple of times alternating feet.
Then lift up the toes of both feet at the same time pressing the metatarsal bones at the base of your toes strongly and evenly into the floor.
Remember – Do not roll your feet inward or outward while performing the exercise. And do not lean back as you lift
You should be breathing in as you lift, and breathing out as you lower your toes. Try closing your eyes as you exhale and lower your toes. Keep your eyes closed for five repetitions and you will notice an improvement in your sense of balance.
3# Finger Flicks:
This exercise improves the circulation in your arms and hands. The increased blood flow into the fingertips helps to flush out toxins and reduce arthritis or stiffness in the joints. It’s also a good forearm workout and is excellent for relieving aching elbows.
Start standing with your feet together inlign with your body. Hold your hands down in front of you below your waist and make loose fists by rolling up your fingers with your thumb on top. In this exercise your arms should always be fully extended as they move in a circular motion into six main positions.
- Down and in front. Hands facing inwards.
- Raised to shoulder height and in front. Hands facing inward
- Stretched straight up. Hands facing inward.
- Stretched out to the sides. Hands facing upwards.
- Lowered to 45 degrees. Hands facing down.
- Lowered to sides. Hands facing inward.
The idea is to strongly flick your fingers open continually throughout all the positions. Do eight flicks while you stand in position 1 and four flicks as you move to position 2. Do eight flicks while standing in position 2 and four flicks as you move into position 3. Continue this pattern.
Remember – Keep your wrists still and your arms straight
4# The Hundred:
This is a classic pilates exercise so named because it takes a count of 100 to complete. This exercise strengthens core abdominal muscles and expands the chest and ribcage.
This is a floor or mat exercise. It involves raising your legs to vertical and waving or pulsing your arms up and down in small motions.
- Start by lying on the floor with knees bent as if you were doing sit-ups and have your arms resting palm down at your side.
- Squeeze your abdominal muscles so that your head, neck, and shoulders raise off the floor. Keep your abdominals squeezed tight throughout the whole exercise. Stretch your arms forward toward your toes and start pulsing them up and down a distance of about 15cm. Stay is this position for a count of 20.
- Slowly lift your legs to a 90 degree angle with your body. Continue the pumping for a further count of 20.
- Slowly extend your legs straight up to the ceiling and keep pumping for 20 counts.
- Begin to lower your legs at a 45 degree diagonal to your torso and keep pumping for 20 counts.
- Keep your legs straight and lower them as close to the ground as possible without lifting your spine off the floor and keep pumping for 20 counts.
- Lower your head to the floor. Release your arms, bend your knees, and place your feet back on the floor.
5# Roll-up to Diamond:
This exercise works your abdominals and improves flexibility of your spine. This is a floor or mat exercise and involves rolling up your upper body while extending your arms.
1. Lie with your legs in the diamond position. Keep your back flat on the floor and rest your arms on the floor above your head. The diamond position is when you point your toes and bring your legs into a diamond shape with your knees out to the sides.
2. Lift your arms toward the ceiling and slowly start rolling or peeling your upper body off the floor from your head down.
3. Keep peeling and extend your legs forward while keeping your toes pointed.
4. Stretch your arms and torso forward over your legs creating a C shape with your body. Keep your abdominal muscles tight and hold your arms directly around your ears.
5. Begin to roll back down to the floor pulling your legs back into the diamond position. Your arms should start to point to the ceiling again.
6. Finish in the starting position with your spine flat on the floor, your hands resting above your head and your legs in the diamond position.
Remember – Keep the movement fluid and constant. Work with your abdominal muscles. Don’t straighten your spine while rolling. If you feel any stress or discomfort, hold on to your thighs until you are stronger.
Bodyweight Pilates program Has Been Used By More Than 10,000 People From 94 Different Countries. It’s Our #1 Recommended Bodyweight Home System For Seeing Your Fastest Results!
Bodyweight Pilates is unlike any other program out there as it allows you to Burn Fat through scientific sequencing while enjoying all your favorite foods that brings you Long Lasting Energy and Lasting Results.
- Boosts Metabolism: so that you can start TODAY….
- Your EXACT blueprint that will help you switch-on fat burning hormones and get your leanest ever…
- Done-for-you plan so that all you have to do is follow the plan.
- A belly fat routine that reprograms your hormones to unlock the most stubborn belly fat so that you get a tighter midsection.
It Doesn’t Matter Your Age, If You’re Out Of Shape…ANYONE Can Do “Bodyweight Pilates” To Visibly See A Flat Belly And A Firm Booty.
Feel Confident & Amazing In The Next Few Days…
By starting the Bodyweight Pilates program…you are joining a results driven program that is proven to transform your body. Every workout is led by me, as a qualified certified Pilates Instructor, where I’m committed to helping my clients achieve personal goals. While motivating and encouraging to keep moving forward!
…And you never have have to step foot in a studio…the entire program is designed for you to do in the comfort of your home!
What’s Inside Bodyweight Pilates
In 10 minutes you’ll experience short and effective workouts that keep you energized while you burn belly fat, tighten your midsection, get lean and feel amazing.
Movements like the AB Cincher that will instantly make you feel leaner and taller than before.
It’s bodyweight moves like that that make your 10 minutes a day enjoyable!
- TURN ON your fat burning hormones.
- week one and two
- instructional follow along videos
And the great thing about the Core Phase is that it BOOSTS your metabolism and forces your body to burn more stubborn fat…
One of the main reasons long workouts ruin your fat fighting hormones and metabolism is because when you get past the fat burning stage in your workouts your hormones go haywire and your metabolism SLOWS DOWN your fat burning efforts!
However, by strategically following the Prime and Core phase throughout the week, you are able to signal your body to release belly-reducing hormones to tighten and lean your body which is exactly what you are looking to do…
- burning MORE fat and FIRMING your body with the Core phase.
- week three and four
- follow along videos
Sculpt Phase is where your Metabolism Intensifies allowing 24/7 fat burning, even at rest!
And because of the way Bodyweight Pilates is created, eating your favorite foods will actually help you burn MORE fat.
You read that right, favorite foods like cookies and pizza can help you to switch-on your fat fighting hormones where you get leaner and a tighter midsection because of the specific sequencing you follow.
- Metabolism intensifies to burn fat 24/7
- week five and six
- instructional follow along videos